We know this is an unprecedented time for our community, and we hope you and your families are safe and healthy. Below are a few resources which may be helpful for you or someone you know at this time.
- To find free meals for children offered at schools or community centers near you, use TEA’s School Meal Finder Tool located here or view Houston Parks and Recreation Department’s Curbside Meal Program locations here.
- To find or donate baby formula, food, and/or supplies, contact L.I.F.E. Houston.
- If you are or someone you know is in need of mental health resources during this stressful time, call the Harris Center COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line at 833-251-7544.
- If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, please contact the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services toll free at 1-800-252-5400, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also file a report using the secure TDFPS website. Reports made through this website take up to 24 hours to process. The Texas Abuse Hotline is 1-800-252-5400.
- If you or someone you know is an essential worker that needs access to emergency child care and/or financial support for emergency childcare, you can fill out a single form to apply for help finding both at FindChildCareNow.org. Representatives from Collaborative for Children and/or Workforce Solutions will contact you within two business days to share information about quality, licensed child care centers and the financial assistance options that best fit your needs.
- Visit SmartParents.org and the Child Trends website for a more general list of resources for parents to support their children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For the latest information on COVID-19 in Harris County, please visit the Ready Harris website.
- If you or someone you know is experiencing abuse, please call National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233. If you are unable to speak safely, you can log onto thehotline.org or text LOVEIS to 22522
If you are unable to access a resource listed above or see a broken link, please let us know by emailing [email protected]