We know this is an unprecedented time for our community, and we hope you and your families are safe and healthy. Below are a few resources which may be helpful for you or someone you know at this time.
- To find free meals for children offered at schools or community centers near you, use TEA’s School Meal Finder Tool located here or view Houston Parks and Recreation Department’s Curbside Meal Program locations here.
- To find or donate baby formula, food, and/or supplies, contact L.I.F.E. Houston.
- If you are or someone you know is in need of mental health resources during this stressful time, call the Harris Center COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line at 833-251-7544.
- If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, please contact the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services toll free at 1-800-252-5400, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also file a report using the secure TDFPS website. Reports made through this website take up to 24 hours to process. The Texas Abuse Hotline is 1-800-252-5400.
- Coping with COVID offers free therapy for parents of children experiencing stress or anxiety related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program, run by Baylor College of Medicine and the Harris Health System, offers free therapy to parents of children ages five to 13 over Zoom or on the phone. You can reach the program at [email protected] or at (832) 206-4034. Visit their webpage here or their Facebook page here.
- For help balancing children’s screen time during the pandemic, see the MayoClinic’s resource on the subject here and New York-Presbyterian's article here.
- For resources on how to help a child with their grief due to the loss or impending loss of a loved one, please see the list of resources from the Hackett Center for Mental Health's Trauma and Grief Center here.
- Visit SmartParents.org and the Child Trends website for a more general list of resources for parents to support their children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For the latest information on COVID-19 in Harris County, please visit the Ready Harris website.
If you are unable to access a resource listed above or see a broken link, please let us know by emailing [email protected]