Due to the COVID-19 crisis, our Spring 2020 scheduled series of in-person Early Childhood Community Conversations was interrupted. However, we did host the first of our scheduled meetings on February 15, 2020 at the Health Museum. 130 participants, including parents, caregivers, and early childhood professionals met to discuss the biggest issues around early childhood.
Key Themes that emerged included:
- Concerns over childcare accessibility
- Desire to empower families through parent education, training, and engagement
- Demand for well-trained, well-compensated, well-supported educators and staff
- Health and safety concerns for children
- Need for coordinating non-profit work and resources
You can read a full summary of the event here
and view a recap of the event here
. If you missed this event, you can still send us your thoughts and ideas by completing the short form here.