Interested applicants should complete a short application with the following information:
- Name, age, educational level (e.g., junior, senior, recently obtained undergraduate/graduate degree, currently in graduate school)
- Choose from three short essay prompts. Please answer in 350-500 words.
- Identify the most important challenge you believe Harris County faces, and describe the approach you would take to identifying and proposing a policy solution to address this challenge.
- Describe a person, personal experience, or current event that sparked your interest in public policy. How does it shape your outlook on policymaking?
- Describe a time you felt challenged. How did you overcome this situation? What lessons did you learn from the experience?
- What do you hope to get out of your experience as a CJO Policy Fellow? Please answer in 100 words or less.
- Please identify up to three policy areas from the list below that are of interest to you:
- Criminal & Juvenile Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Economic Opportunity & Development
Once complete, please email your application, resume, and one letter of recommendation from a professional or academic contact to [email protected]. Please send all documents in a single email with the subject line titled “CJO Policy Fellowship_Full Name -- [Summer/Fall/Spring].”
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.